The Keys to Manifesting Your Soul Purpose
Mar 07, 2018
Now that you understand the Soul Purpose SystemTM model, let's talk about some simple things that you can do every day to accelerate manifestation of your soul purpose.
- Connect to Your Source
- Build a Foundation of Gratitude - this is what flips the switch to get the positive feedback loops moving forward.
- When given a choice, choose BEINGNESS over DOINGNESS. That's why BEINGNESS is so much bigger than DOINGNESS here in this model.
Simple enough, right? Let's break it down.
If you don't remember the more complex model, this is what it looks like. Let's go over those three steps again.
- Connect to Your Source - This is best accomplished through meditation and ultimately contemplation.
- There are many different approaches to this topic. It's hard to say where to start because there's so many different approaches and different things work for different people, but I would direct you back to my post from January 18 that talked about getting connected and being present in the now. There's a couple of good sources in there I provided around meditation and some guidance, so check that.
- Recently I was listening to was a talk, by Marianne Williamson. She was talking about meditation, and she had a great metaphor. She said, "You know, we all take showers on a daily basis to clean our body. So, why wouldn't we spend time meditating every day to cleanse our mind and our soul and get us set up for the day?" To me, that just was so logical. I was like, "Why didn't I think of that?" Anyway, if you're struggling meditating, think about, "Are you struggling taking a shower every day?" Maybe some of you are, but most people take a shower every day, so consider meditating every day to clean your mind and your soul and get ready for the day.
- Practice Continuous Gratitude - When I talk about building a gratitude foundation, it's not just about getting up in the morning and saying, "Thank you", although that is helpful. It's about continuously being thankful and having gratitude throughout the day as you're presented with new opportunities, even challenges. You can be thankful for the challenges, for the growth opportunity that they are for you. Refer back to my post from right before Thanksgiving 2017 where I talked about how to build an attitude of gratitude. There's some really good stuff in there. At a minimum, take time right before you meditate every day, remember we just talked about that, to express gratitude for everything that you can think of in the present moment. Taking those few minutes to express gratitude will set your mind up for a really incredible meditation!
- Choose BEINGNESS over DOINGNESS - Remember, in the simplified model, BEINGNESS consists of these four big boxes here. When I say choose BEINGNESS over DOINGNESS, it means:
- Focus on Your Clarity of Vision - Remember, it's the things that you think about that actually manifest in your life. Clarity of vision is paramount.
- We already talked about connect and be present now through meditation and ultimately contemplation throughout the day.
- Intuit Optimal Decisions - If you are faced with a choice, check in with yourself. If you're feeling fear, it's probably not a good decision. If you're feeling excited and you want to jump for joy, it probably is a good decision. Refer back to the post from 1/23/18 on that for more detail.
- Align and Remove Barriers - Making sure that you're completely aligned with your vision, and then removing barriers in the path to getting there, is going to be something you're going to have to do if you're going to get there ultimately. Whatever your stories or feelings are that are keeping you from reaching your vision need to be addressed.
These things are not that hard. That's the problem, they're not hard. What do I mean by that? When things are easy to do, they're also easy not to do. A lot of times in life, we choose to not do the easy things because it's comfortable. We choose to just sit back and watch TV or play video games or whatever we do to waste our time.
There was a book that was written about this concept called "The Slight Edge" by Jeff Olson back in 2005. Back in the 90s, I was working with Jeff Olson and also Darren Hardy (his book's here on the right in the image above). We were working together on a network marketing company, and I was first introduced to this idea of the slight edge by Jeff - it's easy to do things that make you better and it's easy not to do them. After Jeff wrote his book, then years later, Darren Hardy was the publisher of Success Magazine and wrote a book called "The Compound Effect", which had similar ideas to "The Slight Edge".
What's really important here is this simple concept that if you will do the easy things every day that you know will make you better over time, you'll be in the top 5% of people on every dimension, whether that's your health, your finances, your business, your personal development, your relationships, if you do those easy things every day. If you don't do the easy things every day, then you'll be uncomfortable on every dimension, meaning your health will be failing, you'll have poor finances, your business will be failing, your personal relationships won't be that great. Take the time to check in and do the easy things that you know you can do that will make things better for you every day.
Does this principle ring true for you? All you have to do is look around you at the people in your life, whether it's dozens or hundreds, and you see examples of this all around you of people that are not doing so well. Then you look at what do they do on a daily basis, and you look at their results, and you go, "Well, no wonder." Then you look around at the people that are successful. What is it that they do? Do they go to bed early? Do they get up and seize the day? Do they work out? Do they meditate? Do they do all those simple things that are easy to do and easy not to do that make them better over time?
Think about that and check out these books. They're in the reading list. I think you'll get a little more insight if you take the time to read through those books. Let me know what you think of this concept because this is really key to getting ahead and being successful - do the things every day that are simple to do that other people just aren't willing to do.
Enjoy this week, and we'll see you back here next week.
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.